Just Natasha Henstridge Forum Index
Just Natasha Henstridge
A little forum for fans of Natasha Henstridge the Star of She Spies and Species 
 FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in 

Widow on the Hill
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Just Natasha Henstridge Forum Index -> Movies and Television
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just
Out of Control

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:58 am    Post subject: Widow on the Hill Reply with quote

Just read this about our girl...

Henstridge, Brolin Find Thrill on Lifetime's 'Hill'

Natasha Henstridge, famous for playing an alien in "Species," and James Brolin, famous for playing the late Ronald Reagan, will lead the cast of the Lifetime original movie "Widow on the Hill."

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the movie focuses on a nurse (Henstridge) suspected of killing the wife of a wealthy man (Brolin). The man's daughter (Jewel Staite of "Firefly") fears the worst, but can she get the authorities to believe her before it's too late? Who knows.

"Widow" will be directed by Lifetime regular Peter Svatek, whose contributions include the Elizabeth Berkley drama "Student Seduction" and the baby-for-sale drama "Baby For Sale." The script, which was based on a Vanity Fair article by Michael Shayerson, was adapted by Stephen Harrigan (TNT's "King of Texas").

Production on the movie begins Tuesday (Oct. 12), allowing the project to air by the spring.
In addition to her roles in "Species" and its less-satisfying sequel, Henstridge starred in the syndicated drama "She Spies" and has been seen in the features "The Whole Nine Yards" and "Ghosts of Mars."

Brolin, husband to Barbra Streisand, earned an Emmy this year for the transplanted Showtime movie "The Reagans." He won an Emmy in 1970 for "Marcus Welby, M.D." and starred in "Pensacola: Wings of Gold."
Mitch
Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

man im gonna have to go see that
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Just
Out of Control

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filiming for this movie is taking place in Toronto and concludes November 5. It should start being broadcast in the Northern Hemisphere's Spring.

It's based on a true story, but names have been changed because of legal issues.

If you don't want the ending spoiled for you, don't read the following article

Somerville story to become a movie
By Kate Andrews / Daily Progress staff writer

The names are different, but the story will be familiar to many people in Central Virginia.

"Widow on the Hill," a Lifetime television movie now in production, is based on the story of Orange County resident Hamilton A. Somerville Jr. and his wife, Donna Somerville, who was acquitted in June of all charges in his 2001 death.

Filming is taking place north of Toronto, with James Brolin, who recently starred in "The Reagans" miniseries, and Natasha Henstridge of "Species." No filming will occur in Orange because of the movie's small budget, said Jody Clement, assistant art director for "Widow."

The film will be broadcast in the spring, but its airtime has not been scheduled, Clement said. Filming concludes Nov. 5.

Based on a Vanity Fair article on the case, the movie is about "Linda Hutton, a hospice nurse who is called to the estate of Hank Summerlee to care for his dying wife," a synopsis of the film says.

Summerlee is a "friendly, unpretentious man and one of Orange County's most prominent and respected citizens," but at the start of the movie, Hutton is "living in a trailer and riding around on the back of her husband's Harley."

"In no time, she becomes Mrs. Hank Summerlee, insinuating herself into Hank's life and taking full advantage of all he has to offer," the synopsis says, but she is "unable to stay faithful to her new husband for long."

Summerlee's daughter Jenny notices Hutton's "Machiavellian behavior," as do others, including Summerlee.

Then, "Hank dies suddenly and mysteriously after a brief illness, and it's not long before suspicion falls on the woman known as ‘The Widow on the Hill,'" the synopsis concludes.

Besides the changed names because of "legal issues" and location changes for certain scenes, the movie attempts to follow the real-life story, Clement said. Nonetheless, Henstridge, at 30, is 21 years younger than Donna Somerville.

The 64-year-old Brolin is closer to the actual age of Hamilton Somerville, who was 57 when he died.

The trial in Orange County Circuit Court drew a great deal of interest this summer, with testimony about Donna Somerville's extramarital affairs and the results of a delayed autopsy requested by Hamilton Somerville's daughter.

Authorities originally thought Somerville died from accidental choking, but the autopsy showed heavy doses of drugs in his stomach.

Donna Somerville, whose number is unlisted, was unavailable for comment, and her attorneys could not be reached Friday.

A touch of the local will be included in the Canada-based movie. The Orange County Review has provided 100 copies of the newspaper as set dressing for a country store representing the Somerset Center Store near Mount Athos, Somerville's estate.

The paper is owned by Media General Inc., owner of The Daily Progress.

"I got the biggest kick out of this," said Nancy Embree, the newspaper's advertising director.
Mitch
Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:14 am    Post subject: im lazy Reply with quote

meh thats alot of reading core, i dunno man ha ha Neutral
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Just
Out of Control

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I know, but if I can read it all, anyone can Wink
Christina
Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wrote:
Filiming for this movie is taking place in Toronto and concludes November 5.

Hey guys, maybe i should get out there and try to sneek into a few scenes...theres still time Very Happy
Mitch
Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

lol u should DO IT STELLA!! Twisted Evil
Christina
Stalker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick question....

Who's stella? Neutral
Mitch
Stalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: ha ha Reply with quote

lo its a old joke inside story i just thought of it from a long time ago Confused
Jimmy T
Out of Control

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey...pssst...contrary to Justs pickyness Razz I thought Species 2 was equally as good as 1, I could go on exlplaining with my own long review but I won't Wink

PS: nice new NH tarzan pics Adam! woooohoooo! Surprised
apt16
Out of Control

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they're both good, but hey I like just about anything she's in, looking forward to anything new like this widow flick Smile
Jimmy T
Out of Control

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: Widow on the Hill Reply with quote

Just wrote:
Just read this about our girl...

Henstridge, Brolin Find Thrill on Lifetime's 'Hill'

Natasha Henstridge, famous for playing an alien in "Species," and James Brolin, famous for playing the late Ronald Reagan, will lead the cast of the Lifetime original movie "Widow on the Hill."

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the movie focuses on a nurse (Henstridge) suspected of killing the wife of a wealthy man (Brolin). The man's daughter (Jewel Staite of "Firefly") fears the worst, but can she get the authorities to believe her before it's too late? Who knows.

"Widow" will be directed by Lifetime regular Peter Svatek, whose contributions include the Elizabeth Berkley drama "Student Seduction" and the baby-for-sale drama "Baby For Sale." The script, which was based on a Vanity Fair article by Michael Shayerson, was adapted by Stephen Harrigan (TNT's "King of Texas").

Production on the movie begins Tuesday (Oct. 12), allowing the project to air by the spring.
In addition to her roles in "Species" and its less-satisfying sequel, Henstridge starred in the syndicated drama "She Spies" and has been seen in the features "The Whole Nine Yards" and "Ghosts of Mars."

Brolin, husband to Barbra Streisand, earned an Emmy this year for the transplanted Showtime movie "The Reagans." He won an Emmy in 1970 for "Marcus Welby, M.D." and starred in "Pensacola: Wings of Gold."

I deffinitely check it out when it comes out Cool
nimrodjim

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Widow on the Hill Reply with quote

I watched this movie as it aired on Lifetime Movie Network on the evening of 1/24/05. It is the first time that I remember seeing the very beautiful and talented Natasha Henstridge. As my wife and I sat and watched the movie, my wife was making comments about Natasha's character, Linda Somerville, about what a bitch she was, what a snob she was, etc, etc.
I turned to her and told that when an actress as beautiful as Natasha can get the viewer all wrapped up in what creep she is, then her acting talent is greater even then her beauty! Similar to the role Donna Mills played in Knot's Landing.
Until last night, I knew nothing of Natasha Henstridge, but it only took this one time to make me a fan. I will be watching for future movies and productions in which she appears.
The movie itself was intriguing to watch. It seems films based on true events are always more interesting then fiction, to me anyway.
Natasha, if you should ever read this, you are AWESOME!! Kiss
groucho
Drooling Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'm missing something because I did miss part of the movie (but it's taped so I'll get there eventually), but I'm wondering where truth stops and fiction begins with this one. The movie, or what I saw of it, did everything but actually say she murdered him--it stopped about a hair short of that. (Maybe the real Linda could sue if she was acquitted.) And why cast a much younger woman in the part? Sure, that makes it more fun to watch (unless you get someone who looks like Susan Sarandon who can play her real age and still look gorgeous), but it also lends credence to the "scheming vamp" side of things. And didn't they say in the end remarks that "Linda" was studying to be a minister? She's either innocent, or has more gall than I can imagine.
nimrodjim

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The movie, like all Hollywood productions based on facts, depicted some of the truth, and naturally was dramatized for viewers' interest, Having a beautiful woman, Natasha, star in the leading role surely draws more attention then having some 'plain' actress in the lead.
Hamilton Somerville actually had three daughters, the movie depicted only two. He also adopted Donna Somerville's daughter from a previous marriage. Mrs Somerville was portrayed in the movie as 'Linda', however her real name is Donna. You can find all you want to know about this trial by searching Hamilton Somerville on the internet.
The only point I was making about this movie was the supurb job that Natasha Henstridge did in acting her part in the movie. I think that dramatic roles bring out the true abilities of actors/actresses, and she was no doubt fantastic in this role. She didn't write the script, she just played the part!! And she played it well!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Just Natasha Henstridge Forum Index -> Movies and Television All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: